Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain
At Inside Health in Oakville, ON, we provide chiropractic care for a wide range of ailments, including headaches and migraines, sprains and strains, auto accident injuries, back pain, neck pain, and much more. Our compassionate team of experts will make sure to get to the root of your problems and deal with the issue, as opposed to simply treating your symptoms. One of the most common ailments we treat is neck pain. Our chiropractor will diagnose and treat your neck pain using natural techniques.
What Causes Neck Pain?
The muscles, ligaments, and bones in your neck support the full weight of your head and enable it to move in different directions. Due to this, it's prone to injury from inflammation, injuries, or abnormalities. Neck pain ranges from minor to severe.
Some causes of neck pain include:
- Muscle tension and strain due to poor posture, sitting at a desk and working for long periods without taking a break, sleeping in a position that puts strain on your neck, and forcefully moving your neck during exercise.
- Injuries during falls, sports, and car accidents, which commonly cause whiplash.
- Neck pain may be a symptom of heart attack, especially when accompanied by sweating, shortness of breath, nausea and vomiting, and pain in the arm or jaw.
- It may also be a symptom of meningitis when accompanied by headache and a fever.
- Other causes are fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, herniated cervical discs, spinal stenosis, abscesses, and congenital abnormalities, among others.
Treatment of Neck Pain
When you come to see our chiropractor for neck pain or whiplash, we will look at your medical history, perform manual tests, and may order for some imaging tests, including X-rays and MRIs. Once the cause has been identified, we will form a personalized treatment plan for you.
We often use chiropractic adjustments to treat neck pain, specifically the Gonstead technique. Misalignments in the cervical spine cause pain and inflammation. By realigning the spine, our chiropractor alleviates tension and pressure in the neck. This can help with herniated discs and sciatica.
We also offer acupuncture, which involves inserting thin needles into trigger points to alleviate pain. Acupuncture reduces inflammation, improves blood flow, and promotes natural healing in the body.
None of our treatments require invasive surgeries or the use of drugs, and because you can continue exercising at home, you not only get a method of healing your current pain, but you can also effectively keep the pain at bay in the future.
Schedule an Appointment for Neck Pain Treatment
If you are suffering from chronic or acute neck pain, we can help. At Inside Health in Oakville, ON, we will diagnose and treat your neck pain. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, call us today.